The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Legal Seafood

53. Legal's 11-3 within the Charles Hotel complex, across the courtyard. Summary: Outstanding food/service - worth the higher price.

I've eaten at Legal's for dinner many times, with mixed results. At this location, a number of months ago I went with a group, and the serving sizes were outrageous - it was the seafood equivalent of Durgin Park or Vinny Testa's - so much food that we all left feeling uncomfortable about a) the amount of food in our bellies, and b) the wasted food left on the table.

But today, the lunch was superb. I ordered the salmon/falafel dish off the lunch menu, medium rare. It was cooked perfectly, with a crust of falafel, hummos to the side, and tomatoes and yoghurt sauce as well. I had a side dish of lentils, which were tasty. And of course they served me their famous warm rolls. The dish was appealing to the eye - lots of nice bright colors - and to the taste buds as well. It all worked well.

I ate at the bar - friendly, attentive service. The greeting at the door was a bit too much for me, but nonetheless at Legal's they take service quite seriously, and it shows.

$22 including tip. Worth it, I think. And Legal's will probably make my next "top ten" list for food, unless other new ones come out on top of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home