The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pizzeria Uno

46. 10-25 Pizzeria Uno, JFK Street. Summary: Mixed reaction from the three of us.

Pizzeria Uno - known popularly as Uno's - is known for its Chicago deep dish pizza - thick bread with loads of cheese and tomato sauce. It's almost like a quiche in its thickness. This is all well and good, but at this stage in my life, I don't want all that cheese and bread.

So, today I tried their thin crust pizza - Mediteranean - and I was underwhelmed. A small amount of toppings on very crunchy crust, with parmesan cheese baked on top. Overbaked, too crunchy, not much taste. I also had their vegetable soup, which was lacking in any interesting taste.

But, that's me. Rob and Jennifer both really enjoyed their meals. Jennifer's from the mid-West, and she loves cheese - so she had the "tuna sliders" [edited, thanks to Jennifer's comment] with french fries ("they were the perfect fries," she remarked) - and she loved both. Rob also loves cheese and isn't too adventuresome with food, and he had exactly what I had, and enjoyed it greatly. Different strokes for different folks!

Service was OK. Our server wrote his name on a napkin and left it on the table - Rob and Jennifer remarked that they had seen this done in other restaurants (Macaroni Grill), but it's new for me, a bit odd I thought. The server fluttered by frequently, but did make mistakes regarding the menu and the prices. And a spoon was clearly dirty and needed to be replaced.

We split the bill at $12 per person, including tip. FYI, the drinks were each over $2 - pretty expensive for a coke or glass of lemonade. I thought it was expensive for the food/service/atmosphere.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I didn't have any pizza, I had the two-cheese tuna melt sliders, which were great.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I didn't have any pizza, I had the two-cheese tuna melt sliders, which were great.

10:21 AM  
Blogger SquareLunchGuy said...

Thanks Jennifer, I edited the review to reflect your "tuna sliders"!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home