The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Shilla

52. Shilla 11-2 57 JFK St (basement of Galeria). Summary: Nothing special.

I've walked by the sandwich board outside the Galeria many times - the one that announces that Shilla is open. But I've never found it - until today. Rob and I hunted around the first and second floors before we saw the back staircase leading down to Shilla, a Korean/Japanese restaurant that's been there eight years.

I ordered the Chicken Teriyaki lunch box; Rob ordered Bibim-Bap. Neither of us was thrilled with the food. Mine was missing its rice, and the chicken just didn't taste that good - there were a couple of bites that made me wonder on the chicken's freshness. (I think I need to start ordering other dishes from Japanese/Korean restaurants, perhaps chicken teriyaki isn't a true dish from these countries.)

About $8 per person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home