The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Takemura

50. Takemura 10-31 18 Eliot Street. Summary: Decent Japanese/Korean, but take-out lacked flavor.

(Note: Number Five - O today!)

Jennifer and I did take out from Takemura. I ordered the lunch special, Teriyaki Bento with chicken. It was good - Miso soup included - but nothing special. Maybe the styrofoam sucks away the flavor of the food, or instead imparts an unnatural flavor into the food, but in any case take-out asian food, particularly if its flavor is subtle, is rarely very good.

So I imagine Takemura is a very good sit-in restaurant, but it's unremarkable for its take-out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home