The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Mass Food Market

75. 12-19 Mass Food Market 950 Massachusetts Ave. Summary: A bit scary.

I knew I was in trouble when I walked in the door to the Mass Food Market, which is tucked in a large residential building closer to Central than Harvard Square. The shelves were half full of junk food, the fruit was expensive, and no one else was there but the two guys behind the counter. I felt like I was in a small store in rural Massachusetts or New Hampshire - where you can get only lowest common denominator foods (i.e. processed).

I ordered a sandwich - turkey on wheat - and got a bag of chips and an orange. While waiting to pay, a sketchy looking guy won $40 on scratch lottery tickets he had just bought there, so he came back to buy more and take the rest as cash. The cashier wouldn't tell me what I owed, just pointed to the number on the register.

I got out, ate my food, and didn't die. Not one to recommend. About $7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home