The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bertucci's

67. 12-5 Bertucci's 21 Brattle Street. Summary: Nice meal.

It's hard to say much bad about Bertucci's - they really have perfected the restaurant experience, and they've done it so that there is remarkable consistency among their many locations. The rolls are always perfect and abundant; the pizza is a good thickeness and has just a bit of char on it. All six of us went this time, and nobody left disappointed, except perhaps Tom, whose dish was a bit smaller than the rest of ours.

But, I can't rave about Bertucci's. Maybe it's the fact that it's a chain, and I have a natural bias against chains. Or it's the consistency - nothing is left to chance (no risk, no reward. They used to have bocce courts in some of their restaurants, which I loved). But regardless, I can't put Bertucci's on top of any list.

About $10 per person, including tip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home