The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Veggie Planet

40. 10-17 Veggie Planet, corner of Church and Palmer Street (across from Border Cafe). Summary - This is a real find - oozes atmosphere due to Club Passim environment, while at the same time the food is creative and excellent.

Someone recommended Veggie Planet to me recently, and I had to admit I didn't realize Club Passim had a kitchen. I have attended a few events at the Club over the years, including seeing my college roommate play and sing folk music. It's a great place to go in the winter - very cozy.

Mike, a colleague, and I were impressed with Veggie Planet. Billed as "an innovative vegetarian pizzeria in the heart of Harvard Square," Veggie Planet lives up to its billing. Every dish can be made into a "pizza," which means all the incredients are placed on a flat bread and then baked in an oven. The results are impressive - nice, crunchy 'crust' and the ingredients are toasty warm. I had a "fajita" with guacamole and black beans served as a pizza - it was delicious. I also tried the white bean soup, which also was delicious. Mike, never that adventurous in his dining, enjoyed his ceasar salad pizza [edited, I took out "chicken" which obviously isn't served here!] (strange concept, but it worked for him!).

There are vegan dishes - I don't recall if all food there is vegan. Cash only. My cost was around $10.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - Mike probably didn't have a chicken caesar salad, since VP is vegetarian... The Caesar Salad on a Pizza is my favorite!

5:07 PM  
Blogger SquareLunchGuy said...

Good catch, I edited the review and took out the chicken!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home