The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hi-Rise

22. 9-18 Hi-Rise "At the Blacksmith House" on Brattle. Summary: Only I survived the amazing prices, and the food wasn't worth the cost.

Tom, Jennifer, and Rob all fled as soon as they saw sandwich prices on the blackboard - none of which were below $9. Despite the high prices, the line stayed long for the 15 or so minutes I was there, out the door in fact. It's funny, I don't think a lunch spot like this could survive on the 'other' side of the Square, where our workplace is. Somehow Brattle St. brings out the price-insensitive lunchers.

I had a Sandwich #2, "Fern's Problem Solver," which is roasted turkey, avocado, russian dressing, on grilled semolina bread. It was good, but not as good as Cardullo's, and not as good as Cremaldi's, either - both of which were at least $3 cheaper.

Hi-Rise is beyond the "Yuppie" label I attached to Grafton St. - it's in a league of its own. I'd say it's where transplanted New Yorkers go for lunch, people who aren't afraid to say they get their lunch at Hi-Rise - as a status thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home