The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Cremaldi's on Putnam

14. 9-6 Cremaldi's at 31 Putnam Ave. Excellent sandwiches, inept but friendly server who forgot my soup; and no turkey on my turkey and avocado sandwich! Despite that, the grilled sandwich was excellent - very fresh ingredients and the outstanding bread. So despite the haphazard service, we'll make it back here.

Cremaldi's feels like a true neighborhood meeting spot. It's just three blocks off Mass Ave., but it feels like three miles. The only neighbors are single family residences or multi-unit buildings. The seating area is big and still warm feeling. The menu is small and there are very few staff, so it makes me wonder how they're doing financially. I'm rooting for Cremaldi's to stay - but it's going to take a few more people like me wandering off Mass Ave for them to make it, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home