The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hong Kong Restaurant

20. 9-14 Hong Kong on Mass Ave. I made it, finally, after reading the article saying that the Hong Kong passed its latest city health inspection handily. Spartan environment - lots of vinyl; not the nicest service, but OK; extensive menu; cheap - about $6/per person. Food was unexceptional. I had chicken and broccoli, Rob had egg fu yung - basically a massive omelet with loads of gravy (yuck!), Tom had veggie delite. Not at the top of the list. But no one had an upset stomach afterwards, so it exceeded my expectations!

Upstairs at the Hong Kong is another matter. You go there late at night when you want to get rip-roaring drunk, fast. Just order a Scorpion Bowl, grab a thick straw, and go to it. And good luck getting down the stairs without falling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home