The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Unique Pizza

19. 9-13 Unique Pizza (formerly Tommy's, on Mt. Auburn). It was a unique experience, at least: despite asking 3 times, Rob's veggie sub came with onion; my pizza slice would never have arrived if I didn't ask; my turkey sub without cheese was a challenge; the staff tripled during the 10 minutes we were there. By the way, they offer an exciting menu item: macaroni and cheese wedges, served with tomato sauce. Deep fried clumps of mac and cheese. These guys must be from the south or the midwest, where you can generally find anything edible coated in batter and fried. Unexceptional food, poor service, price around $6 - $8 per person.

I miss Tommy's, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Ten plus years ago, Tommy's essentially replaced the Tasty as the late night, drunken, gotta get some fat in my system hole-in-the-wall in the Square. Tommy's had video games, pinball machines, and terrible pizza - but it was always open, and you could always find Harvard students there in various states of inebriation. These places are part of the fabric of college towns.

So what has replaced Tommy's?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home