The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

University Market salad bar

12. 9-1 University Market - salad bar. Cheap, all fresh foods, nice variety - success. In Needham, where I worked previously, there were two salad bars we frequented often. The first was at Zathmary's, an outstanding lunch place with an amazing salad bar. It was expensive, but worth it, because the variety and freshness were outstanding. The second was the supermarket Sudbury Farms, and it was weak in comparison.

So I was worried that we had lost our salad bar option in the Square, only to find University Market a few steps away. It's a small salad bar, but quite fresh and with just the right mix to satisfy all of us. And, best of all, it's very reasonable in price - you can get a substantial salad for under $5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home