The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Au Bon Pain (Mass Ave/Dunster)

36. 10-11 Au Bon Pain (Mass Ave/Dunster Street). Summary: Doesn't disappoint.

What can I say? As much I'd like to diss ABP and say they're too big/spread too thin, they do an excellent job with lunch. This is the "big one" - there are three satellite ABPs around the square, but this is, I think, the original, and it's been there a really long time.

They introduce new foods, the service is always efficient, the place is always bustling, the prices are fair. I had a sandwich made to order - good food, a fair amount of it too - plus a small yoghurt and a bag of chips for $8. That's a lot of food for that amount of cash.

No complaints. It's not necessarily special, but it satisfies pretty much every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home