The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Au Bon Pain, 1100 Mass Ave.

24. Au Bon Pain, 1100 Mass Ave, 9-21. Summary: Excellent food, decent prices.

I have a love/hate relationship with Au Bon Pain. I love to find it in locations where nothing else seems edible - particularly airports and hospitals. I'm starting to hate it for its growth - there are at least three in Harvard Square alone.

That being said, it's a very well-run business. The food is consistently good, and the menu does change occasionally. The service is always efficient and the workers seem reasonably concerned with helping you out. And the prices are fair.

I had a bowl of soup - vegetarian lentil - and a sandwich on whole wheat baguette (what would the French say?), chicken with apple and grapes. Both were really tasty. $8.50 for both. Jennifer couldn't find her 'perfect' mac and cheese (she wants it baked, with some crust on top and not too runny), but it was OK; Mike had a sandwich which he liked.

And we all left without succumbing to the delectable pastries/muffins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home