The "Lunch in Harvard Square" Blog - Restaurant Reviews

Since starting to work in the Square in mid-August, I'm trying to eat lunch at a new restaurant every day until I can't find any more. Here's my list of the Top Ten Lunch Restaurants in Harvard Square (Food Only). Got a suggestion on a new lunch spot for me? New Restaurants to Try in Harvard Square.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Finale, Redux

I have been wondering for a long time whether I was justified in having Finale on my "top ten food restaurants in Harvard Square" list, and so I went back today. Guess what? It's still great.

I ordered a tuna salad sandwich, and a half mesclun salad. The cashier took the order and my payment ($10); about five minutes later a chef brought the food out to me, in a precious little bag.

Back at the office, I was delighted with the food: first, a pickle slice (not asked for) in its own little sleeve; the sandwich in a clever sleeve of paper, the bread fresh and hearty, the tuna salad just right in its proportion of mayo; fresh lettuce as well. The small mesclun salad was a revelation - nicely dressed in a balsamic vinaigrette, with some cherry tomatoes, fresh, and then the kicker: a generous hunk of soft goat cheese. There's no mention of these goodies on the menu - they're just included and are surprise. I loved it, every bite.

So it's a bit more expensive here than elsewhere (but not much; the sandwich was $5.50, which is quite cheap; the salad was $3.50 a bit pricey but definitely worth it), but the service is excellent and the food is outstanding.

3 Comments:

Blogger T. said...

Gotta thank you for this post - went to Finale yesterday and had a wonderful tuna sandwich & mesclun greens salad thanks to you! Loved every bite! Also tried some of my husband's apple-mango sandwich with bacon...mmmmmmmm.....

9:46 AM  
Blogger SquareLunchGuy said...

What do you mean, "your husband's...sandwich" - does he work at Finale?!

9:58 AM  
Blogger T. said...

No, he and I just had a day off together and went on a date there. :)

Wrote about it on my blog if you feel like checking it out - it's at the bottom of this rather lengthy historical post: http://anesthesioboist.blogspot.com/2007/10/sweet-vitriol-thoughts-on-ether-day.html

Thanks again,
T.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home